Saturday, August 15, 2009

STOLEN: ANOTHER PIECE OF MY HEART

Misty, one of my fosters, has made herself right at home and is hanging out with the Friskies. Notably, Ziggy (the business' Chief Bodyguard) is beginning to accept her in without too much puff tail and hiss. Besides, I think Zigs has met his match with Misty. She gets right back in his face, no problem.

Yesterday evening there was quite a chase-and-pounce scene, with Misty running with a Walmart sack and Rocky and Milo chasing after her. Made me laugh out loud. Later, I found Misty curled up in the Sock Nest with George.

It's almost as if she knows we lost Snow and is stepping in to comfort us. What a beauty. Sometimes a sideways glance will fool me and I will call her "Snow"...

She still has her moments where she will bite, but it isn't as hard and I honestly think it's out of orneriness and play.

A couple of evenings ago I learned why you don't put your hand in during a squabble between two ferts. I got the bageezus bit out of my hand. No one meant to do it - it was my bad for being so careless. I got lots of kisses afterwards and learned a lesson.

1 comment:

  1. Misty sure does sound like a sweetheart, AND a good match for your established crew, too :)

    It's always so funny, though, because any time some combo of The Triad starts really fighting/squabbling, I do the same thing--get right in there and try to break it up. Thankfully, I've never gotten bit because of it (yet).

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online