Thursday, August 20, 2009

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY

Two of my foster fuzzies:
(L) Baby (aka,'Koosh") , (R) Smokey
Last Monday a distemper shot for Rocky (which always makes me sooo nervous, but he did just fine). Yesterday glucose checks on Dave (my blind guy) and Baby (one of my fosters, who I call 'Koosh'). Baby's glucose was fine -- Dave, notsomuch. Dave's glucose level was 53, which points to insulinoma. So we broke out the Prednisone.


I'm glad I had them checked. Dave shows no real symptoms...I just did it as part of a check-up because he turned 5 years a couple of months ago. When it read borderline, we waited and repeated it. Hopefully, we are catching it early.


I had Koosh checked because she seems so non-energetic to me. Is happy just sleeeeeeping away. So I was worried. Now those worries are put to rest! (Better safe than sorry) Baby is just a little mellowed out girl...and I'm not so used to mellow! LOL!


Smokey (another foster, aka, 'Stretch' and 'Tex') has this annoying little mast cell tumor on his head he will not quit scratching. So I had Dr. Dori look at it. She said to just keep putting Benadryl cream on it. Dana said I can give him Children's Liquid Benadryl, too, which I need to do, I guess. Poor little guy...

1 comment:

  1. First of all? I LOVE Baby's nickname beyond all reason (Koosh! It's just--so cute *g*).

    And, yay, for screening! Especially glucose (one of the cheapest tests I've encountered for ferts).

    BTW, v.v. cute fosters!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online