Sunday, August 30, 2009

TERRIBLE TWOS

I took Rocky, Ziggy and Milo to a ferret playdate last night and they had a blast. Well, all except the car ride. I swear, if someone asks me was having ferrets is like, my short answer would be, "It's like having two-year-olds."

I had their travel cage all ready, complete with hammock, just in case someone (Ziggy) needed to go in time-out while we were at the playdate. I got the cage in the car and was about to buckle up when I saw poo all over the hammock. "Alright! Who poo'd in the hammock? Rocky, NO! Get out of the poo!!" So I have to pull the hammock out of the cage and take it back in the house.

I had a light throw over part of the cage for the drive there, because, somewhere I heard it helps the stay calmer....NOT!! Rocky and Ziggy cage-raged all the way there. At one point I look over and see Rocky has a nail caught in the throw, which he had pulled partly through the bars of the cage. So he's just laying there being pitiful.

Had to pull over and unstick his nail from the cloth. Cloth gets thrown in the backseat. Try to shut the cage door back, but trying to get all three ferrets to stay out of the door and not escape was like playing Whack-a-Mole.

Back on the road. Traffic is diverted becasue of an accident. Pull over again, call my friend for additional directions. Cage rage continues. Rocky is panting. "Rocky, here, water! Drink!" Forget that. Pulled water bottle off cage, douse ferrets with water.

Back on the road. Finally we make it to our destination, where we had a great time. By the way, Ziggy was a perfect gentleman, which shows me he is not aggressive...just a bit ornery at times.

Yep, Rocky cage-raged all the way home, too. When we got home, everyone slept like a baby.

2 comments:

  1. Love the new header, btw :)

    And, yeah, I snorted when I read this. Ferret + cars = brainded ferrents.

    My guys just do the frantic scratching thing, now, but when Yogi and Sian were babies, they would attack Pixie and suckle her ears (the hissing and yelping were horrible >ugh<). Poor girl's head would be sopping wet by the time we got to wherever we were going :(

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online