Friday, September 11, 2009

LIVIN' IN THE BIG CAGE

In the spirit of keeping this little blog alive, I vow to write even though there's not much to write about! All the fuzzbutts are doing well, dancing and be-bopping their way through my heart on a daily basis. We still miss our Cupid McPoo and Snow Bisquit - not a day goes by that they don't enter my thoughts.

Misty has stepped in and made herself right at home and is now a full-fledged Frisky. She even shares the Big Cage with the boys and does a darn good job at keeping them in line. She's a typical little sister, with a "You aren't the boss of me" attitude that just keeps me in stitches. She's just awful about hitting anything that remotely looks like a litter box or potty pad, which has proved to be quite exasperating. Her biting habit has improved tremendously, although she still enjoys a little nip now and then!

Dave, my blind guy who has just been diagnosed with insulinoma, seems to be doing quite well on the prednisone. He is nothing but sweetness in fur who loves to nap in his varioius napping spots and then wake up and amble around the house. If you hear a small "thud", no worries. That's just Dave bumping into something. LOL! I just love him to pieces!

We went on a playdate a couple of weeks ago and Ziggy did great. No worries about him being aggressive. Not a problem. He's just a spoiled rotten little boy who dares to assert himself with certain other ferrets. Gotta love him! (And I do)

Hubby is doing an extended job out-of-town, which is robbing everyone of their run time in the mornings. I try to let them out while I get ready for work (can we say, "distraction"?), but it's only for about an hour and then they go back in their cage. Which everyone,. including me, hates, but I'm still not comfy with the free-roam idea. Maybe it's something I really need to think about though....

1 comment:

  1. Yay, The Friskie are back! *g*

    I don't blame you--free roaming scares me, too. Even the idea of leaving The Triad out in their room when I'm gone scares me (plus, you know, they suck at hitting the piddle pads). Definite cage. 'Cause they are just too curious/insane, and ferrents are natural worriers :)

    Yay, for Misty. Girls are spunky (I still can't believe a girl's been thrown into the mix >hee<). Not that I'm biased or anything. Really.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online