Monday, November 16, 2009

OUCH! THAT REALLY HURT....

Some people who live in a neighborhood across from us found a little ferret. She just appeared in their garage. They've tried to find the owners, but had no luck, so she is coming into rescue. I have her right now (in strict isolation) and will take her to Dana on Saturday. She is a beautiful little thing - a silver mitt that looks a lot like Baby. From what I can tell, she is about a year old. God, the owners must be frantic. Brings back memories of when I lost Rocky over the summer. Devestating, for sure.
The family that found her named her Darby, which I think is adorable and fits her. She's a little shy right now. No pic of her (I'm trying to stay unattached...mmrrrr) But here is a cute little pic I snapped of Angel and Baby hanging out in the hammock last night:

Speaking of Baby, that little rat bit me tonight. Totally hurt my feelings. My fault. Princess Misty was in Baby's cage, annoying her. I reached my hand in the cage to pet her and she didn't know it was me and swung around and bit me. Hurt like hell. :( I know she didn't mean it - she is a very sweet and lovable little girl. It was totally my fault for suprising her when she was already being defensive.

This is now the second time I have put my hand in the middle of a ferret confrontation and got the shit-end of the stick. The third time may just have me lose a finger....GAH!!!

1 comment:

  1. oh, man, my first thought was god, those owners must be heartbroken. I hope whoever owns Darby finds her, 'cause that - ow.

    I have actually gotten bit by all my ferrets except for Pixie. Yew, Yogi and Sian. I just flat out spoiled Yew, and Yogs and Sian had behavioral problems when I got them (they bit EVERYBODY). And apparently Yogs goes insane if you squeak toys. Seriously. He'll try to kill you. The most memorable bites were when Yew got me on the sking between the nostrils, and when Sian got me on the lip - it almost went through and through.

    Funnily enough, I've interrupted squabbles and fights a plenty, as well as handling them when they're scared and injured, and they seem to recall that they shouldn't bite *then*. So, I've just apparently chosen a bunch of brats who'll bite in temper. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online