Sunday, January 24, 2010

LONG TIME, NO BLOG!

EEK! Has it really been since November that I've written?? Well, boys and girls, I have some catching up to do. First, let me say that it is 2:45 AM and what better time to catch up on a blog....

Anyway, the last time I wrote I'd rescued a little ferret named Darby. Happily she has been adopted and hardly spent any time at the rescue before she found her forever home. I'm still very involved in rescue -- admittedly I had some bumpy times with it and had questions about whether or not I wanted to continue. But my passion and love are with the ferrets. I can't abandon them or the human friends I have made. I just need to get back up when I stumble, that's all.
I think Angel had already had her adrenal surgery last time I wrote, too. Well, she's doing great in terms of energy, appetite and mood. She's still naked, even after a Lupron shot. And melatonin. Her vulva is slowly shrinking back down, which is good. Dr. Dori wants to see her again in February and I guess we'll see what she says. Maybe more Lupron? Maybe little Angel is just gonna be naked, which is OK, as long as she's healthy otherwise. She's really adorable, the little rat!

Tonight I noticed some bruising on her torso. After a couple of phone calls and a on-line chat with a friend, I went back and investigated closer. Turns out a large mast cell tumor had popped up and the other "bruising" was simply dried blood from her scratching at the spot. I felt silly for thinking she had bruises or hematomas all over her, but relieved that that wasn't it! Anyway, I but a dollop of hydrocortisone cream on it and will watch it closely.
I have another addition to my ferret business! His name is Bailey and he is a cinnamon kit, about 3 1/2 months old! He is just beautiful and a total wildcat! Here he is:


That brings me up to ten, yes ten ferrets. Every one of them is unique, each a blessing to me. I think K. will have my head on a platter if I take in any more. I probably should quit making promises that "this-is-the-last-one-I-swear".
Having fibromyalgia and CFS presents a challenge to me sometimes and these little guys have brought me so much love, joy and healing. I can't honestly say that Bailey is the "last one". I'll explain that next time....

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is great! I'm glad to see you posting again. :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bailey is absolutely adorable, Susan!

    So glad to see you writing in your blog again (and with TEN ferrets you should have plenty to write about *g*)

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online