Wednesday, January 27, 2010

BAILEY UPDATE UPDATE

OK, so the swelling and scabbing was just too much. I decided to get Bailey in to the vet first thing this morning and I'm really glad I did. The wounds were abscessing and infected. Dr. D. shaved his little noggin and drained the wounds. Now you can clearly see two teeth punctures from the sabre-toothed ferret that got hold of him. Not pretty, but it looks better than the mess he had before the vet cleaned him up.

He got a shot of penicillin and some oral antibiotic (Clavamox). And she told me to put Preparation H on his wounds. Apparently, it's not just for hemorrhoids anymore...

We got home from the vet and Bailey was war dancing and dooking and crunching his kibble. Now he is blissfully asleep, dreaming, I'm sure, of the day he can kick Milo's ass.

Milo, interestingly enough, has been searching all over for Bailey (I have Bailey separated from the others - in the back part of the house). He's seemed a bit anxious. This morning he came and laid at my feet and then rolled over on his back. Awwwwww!!! So I picked him up and gave him lots of lovies and told him that I still love him very much, no one is mad at him and everything is going to be OK. Then, he just bounced off and went to play with the others, all happy again.

Tell me they don't have minds.....

I'm still thinking about the poor little ferret, Buddy, who is stuck at the SPCA. Man, I dunno. I so want to go get him, but, considering all the 'trauma drama' that just went down this week; not to mention the fact that I had to pay the vet with a post-dated check today....I have no business adopting another one. Hubby would really be pissed and I really need to consider the expense of these guys. It's important to me that they are properly cared for. That they get to the vet when they need it, they get their shots, their heartworm preventative...decent food...all that. AND my attention and time.

It breaks my heart, but I can't save them all. I want to. But I can't. I'm not doing myself any favors by looking at sites like the SPCA and Craigslist. It just adds to my heartbreak. Now, I have this little guy that I've never met, pictured in my head, sitting at the SPCA -- waiting for someone to love him.

GAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! I hate it. It's so freaking unfair.

1 comment:

  1. oh, boy, what a day Bailey's had, and poor Milo, too, because he's probably just as confused about what happened as anyone else!

    So, yeah, give both the boys a hug from me :)

    As to those sites, I don't really surf them just because of the heartbreak, and knowing there's not much I can do: we have a HOUSE full of aging dogs and their bills are expensive without even factoring in The Triad and their cost.

    So, if someone emails me about a problem or rehoming, I try to answer as best I can and try to post notices for any potential ferrents, and I donate when I can, but I know I can't take on any more ferts, not now at least.

    Basically, I feel ya, and the dilemma you're facing. Best wishes on deciding what to do!

    ReplyDelete

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online